As an experienced lawyer, Edward has represented the interests of both businesses and individuals in connection with bringing and defending lawsuits. While his practice focuses mainly on commercial litigation matters, he is also experienced in representing clients (both employers and departing employees) in various employment matters including enforcement of non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, discrimination claims before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and unemployment claims before the Texas Workforce Commission.
In addition to his litigation experience, Edward advises clients concerning corporate governance, contract negotiations, business strategy and entity formation, and provides counsel for estate planning and probate needs. He is both a successful litigator and negotiator and knows how to represent his clients' interests in and out of the courtroom. Edward is also a credentialed mediator, having mediated business and consumer cases.
Edward was named a rising star by Thomson Reuters as appearing in Super Lawyers magazine, 2017.
At Ackels & Ackels, LLP, clients receive personalized service designed to meet their individualized needs. From fees to strategies, Edward will create a course of action that best suits each clients' needs.
- State Bar of Texas (2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (J.D. 2008)
- International Law Review, Articles Editor
- Saint Louis University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Urban Debate Alliance
- William "Mac" Taylor American Inn of Court
- Community Partners of Dallas
- Jesuit College Preparatory School Alumni Association (2001)
- Sub-contractor regarding real estate litigation with home-builder
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of a medical provider sued by employee for discrimination
- Secured six-figure settlement on behalf of employee against former employer (subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company) for wrongful termination
- Secured large settlement on behalf of heirs in probate litigation
- Successfully negotiated multiple settlements on wrongful foreclosure matters on behalf of borrowers, allowing borrowers to stay in home